
該準備什麼?
Patty and Jason are a couple. They are having a conversation.
佩蒂和傑森是夫妻。他們正在對話。
Patty: Hey, Jason. You know what? I just saw this poll on Yahoo — most people in Taiwan don’t have an emergency bag.
佩蒂:嘿,傑森,你知道嗎?我剛看到這個Yahoo的民調,大部分台灣人都沒有準備防災包。
poll(n.)民調/take a poll進行民調/online poll網路投票
Jason: Oh really? I don’t have one either. Do we... actually need it?
傑森:喔真的嗎?我也沒有耶。我們...真的需要嗎?
either(adv.)也(用於否定句)
Patty: Yeah, I think so. I mean, we get earthquakes and typhoons all the time.
佩蒂:嗯,我覺得需要啦。我是說,地震跟颱風不是常常發生嗎?
strong /powerful earthquake強震all the time一直、經常、總是
Jason: Hmm, I guess that’s true. So like, what do you even put in the bag?
傑森:嗯,好像有道理欸。那⋯⋯防災包裡到底要放什麼啊?
Patty: Well, I’ve got water, snacks, meal packs, a flashlight, medicine, and a power bank. Just the basics.
佩蒂:我放了水、零食、餐包、手電筒、藥品,還有行動電源。就一些基本的東西。
meal pack即食包flashlight(n.)手電筒basics(n.)基本物品
Jason: Oh wow. That’s more than I thought. Where do you keep it?
傑森:哇,東西比我想的多欸。你都放哪裡?
more than超過、多於
Patty: It’s by the door. If something happens, I can grab it fast.
佩蒂:就放在門口旁邊。要是有事的話,可以立刻拿走。
grab(v.)抓住
Jason: Right, that’s smart. Do you check it regularly?
傑森:對耶,這樣很聰明。你會定期檢查嗎?
regularly(adv.)定期地、規律地
Patty: Yeah, I try to update it every few months. Food can go bad, you know?
佩蒂:會啊,我每幾個月就更新一次。食物會壞嘛,你懂的。
update(v.)更新go bad變壞、腐敗
Jason: Okay, okay. You convinced me. I’ll try to make mine this weekend.
傑森:好啦好啦,你說服我了。我這週末也來準備一個。
convince(v.)說服、使相信