
走不出家門
Ian walks into the classroom. He is wearing glasses today.
伊恩走進了教室。他今天戴了眼鏡。
wear(v.)穿戴;配戴glasses(n.)眼鏡
Kate: I didn’t know you wear glasses.
凱特:我不知道你是需要戴眼鏡的人。
Ian: I usually only wear glasses at home.
伊恩:我通常只在家裡戴眼鏡。
usually(adv.)通常=normallyat home=在家
Kate: Why did you wear glasses today then?
凱特:那你今天怎麼戴了眼鏡?
Ian: I ran out of contact lenses yesterday, so I had no choice.
伊恩:我昨天隱形眼鏡用完了,所以我沒有選擇。
run out of sth=用光某物contact lenses=隱形眼鏡choice(n.)選擇;choose(v.)選擇
Kate: How bad is your eyesight?
凱特:你的視力怎麼樣?
eyesight(n.)(眼睛接收圖像的)視力
Ian: I am nearsighted with 7.5 diopters in both my eyes.
伊恩:我雙眼都近視七百五十度。
nearsighted(adj.)近視的=shortsightedfarsighted(adj.)遠視的diopter(n.)屈光度
Kate: That’s pretty bad.
凱特:那你視力不太好呢。
pretty(adv.)相當地
Ian: Yeah, I can’t even leave my house without my glasses or contact lenses on.
伊恩:是啊,我不戴眼鏡或隱形眼鏡的話,甚至沒辦法離開自己家。
leave(v.)離開without(prep.)沒有
Kate: I can’t imagine that.
凱特:我很難以想像。
imagine(v.)想像
Ian: Well, not everyone has 20/20 vision like you.
伊恩:嗯,不是每個人都跟你一樣視力1.0啊。
like(prep.)如同