
輪流清理浴室和廚房
George and Ella are flatmates. Ella looks very upset.
喬治和艾拉是室友。艾拉她看起來很不悅。
upset(adj.)心煩的、生氣的(about, over sth)
Ella: George, the bathroom and kitchen are dirty.
艾拉:喬治,浴室跟廚房都髒了。
bathroom(n.)浴室kitchen(n.)廚房
George: I can tell.
喬治:我看得出來啊。
tell(v.)識別、判斷
Ella: Aren’t you going to clean them?
艾拉:你難道不清理一下?
be going to VR=未來式
George: Why me?
喬治:為什麼是我?
Ella: Why not? I clean the apartment all the time. It’s time for you to do it.
艾拉:怎麼不是?都是我在打掃公寓。你是時候打掃一下了。
apartment(n.)公寓all the time=一直、始終time(n.)時機、時候
George: I thought you were happy to do it.
喬治:我以為妳很樂意做家務。
I thought…=我以為...
Ella: Well, it’s not fair. You should help with the chores, too.
艾拉:這不公平。你也該幫忙做家務。
fair(adj.)公平的help with sth=協助做某事
George: OK. Sorry for that.
喬治:好吧,對不起。
Ella: From now on, we should take turns to clean the bathroom and kitchen.
艾拉:從現在開始,我們輪流清理浴室和廚房。
from now on=自此開始take turns to VR=輪流做某事
George: Sure. Let’s rotate every other weekend.
喬治:好啊,那我們每隔一個週末輪一次吧。
rotate(v.)輪流、循環every other=每隔~
Ella: Do I have your word?
艾拉:說好的啊。
have one’s word=獲得某人的承諾或保證
George: Of course.
喬治:那當然啦。