
幫忙先點餐
David and Celine are friends. They are talking on the phone.
大衛和席琳是朋友。他們正在講電話。
David: Celine, let’s have dinner with Doris and her boyfriend tomorrow.
大衛:席琳,我們明天和朵莉絲跟她男友一起吃晚餐吧。
Celine: Ok. What time should we get to the restaurant?
席琳:好啊。我們應該幾點到餐廳呢?
get to抵達
David: I booked a table for four at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow.
大衛:我預訂明天晚上六點半四個人的位置。
book(v.)預訂、預約book a table for~預訂幾人桌
Celine: Well, I get off work at 6:30. I can’t make it on time.
席琳:嗯,我六點半下班。我沒辦法準時到。
get off (work)下班go to work上班make it趕上、趕到on time準時in time及時
David: The restaurant will allow us to be fifteen minutes late. So, there’s no hurry. Just take your time.
大衛:餐廳可以讓我們晚到十五分鐘。所以不急。你慢慢來。
allow sb. to do sth.允許某人做某事hurry(v.)(n.)催促、匆忙take your time慢慢來
Celine: But it will take me about thirty minutes to get there.
席琳:但我要花大約三十分鐘才能到那裡。
take(v.)花費(時間)
David: Then Doris and I can order first. Her boyfriend won’t be there on time, either.
大衛:那朵莉絲和我可以先點餐。她男友也不會準時到。
order(v.)點菜、訂購either(adv.)也
Celine: Ok. You can order for me. I will take a look at the menu online and tell you what I want to eat.
席琳:好啊。你們可以幫我點。我會看網路上的菜單然後跟你們說我想吃什麼。
take a look at sth.看看某物menu(n.)菜單online(adj.)(adv.)線上的、網路上online magazine網路雜誌online dictionary網路字典online banking網路銀行
David: Good idea.
大衛:好主意。
Celine: See you tomorrow.
席琳:明天見囉。
see you再見