
同事又請病假
Wendy is talking to her boyfriend, John, about what happened at work.
溫蒂正跟她的男朋友約翰討論工作上發生的事。
at work工作上、上班中
Wendy: Hey, do you have a moment?
溫蒂:嘿,你有空嗎?
moment(n.)一刻
John: Sure, what’s up?
約翰:當然,怎麼了?
Wendy: It’s about my coworker Mindy. She asked for sick leave again. It’s bothering me because I always end up doing her work.
溫蒂:是我的同事敏迪啦。她又請病假了。這讓我很困擾,因為最後總是我得替她做事。
coworker(n.)同事=colleagueask for sick leave請病假bother(v.)煩擾、打擾、困擾end up V-ing最後以~情形收尾
John: I get it, Wendy. It’s not easy when someone is often not here.
約翰:我理解,溫蒂。當有人經常請假時,日子真的很不好過。
often(adv.)通常;常常
Wendy: Yeah, it’s becoming a problem for me. I have to do my own work and hers too.
溫蒂:對啊,對我來說這變成了一個問題。我得做我的工作還有她的。
become(v.)成為、變得own(adj.)自己的hers=her work
John: Did you talk to your boss about it?
約翰:你有跟老闆談過了嗎?
Wendy: Not yet. I feel it’s unfair that I have to do extra work.
溫蒂:還沒。我覺得這很不公平,我得做額外的工作。
fair(adj.)公平的unfair(adj.)不公平的、不公正的have to必須=mustextra(adj.)額外的、多餘的
John: I think you should talk to your boss first. He should know what’s going on.
約翰:我覺得你應該先跟老闆談一下。他應該知道發生了什麼事。
go on發生、進行
Wendy: You’re right. I’ll talk to him. I hope we can find a solution soon.
溫蒂:你說得對。我會跟他談談。希望我們能盡快找到解決辦法。
solution(n.)解決方法、解決方案solve(v.)解決
John: Good luck. I hope things get better for you.
約翰:祝你好運。希望情況能有所改善。
Good luck.祝你好運=Wish you good luck.bad luck運氣不好;倒霉
Wendy: Thanks for listening to me, John.
溫蒂:謝謝你聽我說這些,約翰。
thanks for sth.感謝~