
有東西燒焦的味道
Wendy and Nick are coworkers. They are at their office.
溫蒂和尼克是同事。他們在辦公室。
Wendy: Hey Nick, did you smell that?
溫蒂:嘿,尼克,你聞到了嗎?
Nick: Yeah, I smelled something burning. Did you notice it too?
尼克:聞到了,我聞到有東西燒焦的味道。你也聞到了嗎?
burn(v.)燒焦notice(v.)注意到
Wendy: Yes, I did. Did you check the kitchen?
溫蒂:是的,我聞到了。你檢查廚房了嗎?
check(v.)檢查check in(機場)托運行李check out(在飯店)辦理退房手續、結帳離開、了解…的情況
Nick: Not yet. I just got here.
尼克:還沒,我剛到。
Wendy: Let’s go see what’s going on.
溫蒂:我們去看看是怎麼回事。
go on發生
Nick: Good idea, let’s hurry.
尼克:好主意,我們快點去。
hurry(v.)快點hurry(n.)匆忙be in a hurry匆忙
(They walk to the kitchen.)
(他們走向廚房。)
Wendy: Look, the toaster is still on!
溫蒂:看,烤麵包機還開著!
Nick: Oh no, someone left it on. Let’s turn it off.
尼克:天啊,有人忘記關了。我們把它關掉吧。
leave(v.)忘記turn off關掉
Wendy: I got it. Phew, that was close!
溫蒂:我來關。呼,真是有驚無險!
close(adj.)即將發生的、靠近的、親密的
Nick: Thanks, Wendy. We need to be more careful.
尼克:謝謝,溫蒂。我們要更小心才行。
careful(adj.)小心的be careful with sth.小心某事物
Wendy: Yes, let’s get back to work.
溫蒂:沒錯,我們回去工作吧。
Nick: Yeah, let’s go.
尼克:好的,我們走吧。