
大家都有大學讀
Marcus and Stacey are classmates. They are chatting.
馬可斯和史黛西是同學。他們正在聊天。
Marcus: Stacey, did you receive your admission notice?
馬可斯:史黛西,你收到入學通知了嗎?
Stacey: Yes, I was admitted to NTU! What about you?
史黛西:有,我錄取台大了!你呢?
admit(v.)允許進入be admitted to~被~錄取National Taiwan University台灣大學
Marcus: Congratulations! I wasn’t admitted to NTU, so I decided to take the AST again next year.
馬可斯:恭喜!我沒進台大,所以我決定明年再考一次分科測驗。
Advanced Subjects Test分科測驗
Stacey: Wow. I believe you can do it. You are a determined person.
史黛西:哇。我相信你可以的。你是個意志堅定的人。
determined(adj.)堅決的
Marcus: Thanks. The news said the acceptance rate will be higher in the future since our birthrate is falling.
馬可斯:謝囉。新聞說因為少子化的關係,未來錄取率會增加。
acceptance rate錄取率future(n.)未來since(conj.)因為birthrate(n.)出生率
Stacey: That’s true. And I also heard that some universities are having difficulty enrolling students.
史黛西:那倒是真的。我也聽說有些大學招生面臨困難。
have difficulty doing sth.對做某事有困難enroll(v.)註冊、招生
Marcus: The result of the situation is that everyone can get into college no matter what their grades are.
馬可斯:這種情況的結果是不論成績如何,大家都有大學可以讀。
result(n.)結果situation(n.)情況grade(n.)成績
Stacey: But I guess NTU hasn’t encountered this problem as the top university in Taiwan.
史黛西:但台大是台灣頂尖的大學,我猜還不會遇到這個問題。
encounter(v.)遭遇
Marcus: Of course. I still need to study hard to get an admission.
馬可斯:當然。我還是要努力讀書才能錄取。
Stacey: Hope that I can see you on our campus next year.
史黛西:希望明年可以在校園中看到你。
campus(n.)校園