
邋遢的比利
Lisa: Hey Billy, did you forget to iron your shirt?
莉莎:嘿,比利,你忘記燙襯衫了嗎?
Billy: Huh? I think it’s okay.
比利:咦?我覺得還好啊。
Lisa: No, it’s not! Did you sleep in it?
莉莎:才不好呢!你是不是穿著睡覺?
be in+服裝:穿著go to sleep上床睡覺sleep in睡懶覺、晚起床oversleep(v.)睡過頭
Billy: No! I just took it out of the dryer.
比利:沒有啦!我才剛從烘乾機拿出來。
take~out of~從~拿出~dryer(n.)烘乾機hair dryer吹風機
Lisa: That’s the problem. You can’t dry that shirt.
莉莎:這就是問題啦。那件襯衫不能烘乾。
problem(n.)問題have a problem with+物品/人:某物有問題/對某人不滿dry(v.)烘乾
Billy: Oh... I didn’t know.
比利:喔⋯⋯我不知道耶。
Lisa: Next time, just hang it up.
莉莎:下次把它晾起來就好。
hang(v.)吊、晾
Billy: But drying that way takes too long.
比利:可是這樣晾太久了。
take(v.)花費(時間)It/sth. takes sb. time某事花某人~時間
Lisa: It’s better than looking messy at school.
莉莎:總比在學校看起來邋遢好吧。
messy(adj.)凌亂的、邋遢的mess(n.)雜亂、髒亂make a mess弄得一團亂
Billy: Hmm… okay. I’ll try next time.
比利:嗯⋯⋯好啦,下次我試試看。