
臨陣脫逃?
It’s Mark’s wedding day. He is talking to his sister, Mary.
今天是馬克的大喜之日。他在和他的妹妹瑪麗說話。
wedding day結婚日子
Mary: We have a big problem.
瑪麗:我們遇到一個大問題。
Mark: What? Did Lily get cold feet?
馬克:什麼?莉莉是不是臨陣脫逃?
Mary: No, it’s not that. It was raining pretty hard last night.
瑪麗:不,不是那樣啦。昨晚雨下得很大。
rain(v.)下雨hard(adv.)猛烈地
Mark: So?
馬克:所以?
Mary: The garden for the wedding turned into a lake this morning.
瑪麗:婚禮場地的花園淹成了湖泊。
garden(n.)花園turn into變為lake(n.)湖
Mark: We have to find a new venue at the last minute!
馬克:我們得在最後一刻找新場地啊!
venue場地the last minute最後關頭
Mary: Yes. Don’t panic. Dad and I will take care of it.
瑪麗:對。不要慌。爸爸和我會搞定一切。
panic(v.)驚慌失措take care of sth.處理
Mark: Did Lily know about this? This is very bad.
馬克:莉莉知道這件事嗎?真是太糟了。
Mary: Well, I’ll tell her. You just go put on that nice suit of yours. Okay?
瑪麗:嗯,我會告訴她的。你就去換上你那套帥西裝就行了。好嗎?
suit(n.)西裝
Mark: Alright. I’ll stay calm.
馬克:好。我會保持冷靜。
stay calm保持冷靜、calm down冷靜下來