
好像在尋寶
Mitch and Claire are roommates. Claire bought a new closet.
米奇和克萊爾是室友。克萊爾買了一個新的衣櫃。
closet(n.)衣櫥
Claire: Mitch, help me take the old closet out. It’s heavy.
克萊爾:米奇,幫我把舊衣櫃拿走。它好重。
heavy(adj.)重的、light(adj.)輕的
Mitch: Can’t you wait until the landlord comes?
米奇:你不能等房東來再說嗎?
landlord(n.)房東
Claire: No, it takes up too much space. Also, we might find a diamond in the pile of used furniture downstairs.
克萊爾:不,佔太多空間了。而且我們可能會在樓下那堆舊家具中找到鑽石喔。
take up佔據space(n.)空間pile(n.)一堆furniture(n.)家具、a piece of furnituredownstairs(adv.)樓下、upstairs(adv.)樓上
Mitch: What? Listen to yourself. You’ve read too many fairytales.
米奇:什麼東西?你在說什麼?你是不是讀了太多童話故事了。
fairytale(n.)童話
Claire: No, it’s a true story. A member from a cleaning unit in Changhua found a diamond ring in the trash.
克萊爾:不,這是一個真實故事。彰化的一名清潔隊員在垃圾堆中發現了一枚鑽石戒指。
cleaning unit清潔隊ring(n.)戒指
Mitch: Really? Did he find out who the owner was?
米奇:真的嗎?他有找到鑽戒的主人嗎?
owner(n.)主人
Claire: Yes. He also found some credit cards with the owner’s name.
克萊爾:有。他還找到一些信用卡,上面有主人的名字。
Mitch: Lucky him.
米奇:他真幸運。
lucky(adj.)幸運的
Claire: So, what do you say? Give me a hand?
克萊爾:怎麼樣?幫我一下?
give sb. a hand幫忙、help sb. out
Mitch: Why not? It’s like a treasure hunt.
米奇:好啦,好像在尋寶喔。
treasure hunt尋寶