
尷尬的場面
Someone is calling Diana. She answers the phone.
有人打給黛安娜,她接起電話。
someone(pron.)某人call(v.)打電話answer(v.)接聽電話phone(n.)電話
Diana: Hi, what’s up?
黛安娜:嗨,你好?
Caller: Hi Tammy, I’m sorry I have to work late tonight. Maybe we can have dinner on Wednesday?
來電者:嗨,譚米,抱歉我今晚必須要工作到很晚。也許我們可以週三吃晚餐?
have to必須⋯⋯work(v.)工作late(adv.)晚的tonight(adv.)在今晚dinner(n.)晚餐
Diana: I’m sorry, what did you say?
黛安娜:不好意思,你說什麼?
say(v.)說
Caller: I said that I can’t meet you tonight, Tammy.
來電者:我說今晚無法見面了,譚米。
say(v.)說meet(v.)見面tonight(adv.)在今晚
Diana: No, I mean my name isn’t Tammy.
黛安娜:不是,我是說,我不是譚米。
mean(v.)意思name(n.)名字
Caller: Oh, are you her sister? May I speak to Tammy please?
來電者:喔,你是他妹妹嗎?我可以跟譚米說話嗎?
sister(n.)姐妹speak(v.)說話
Diana: No, I don’t know anyone called Tammy.
黛安娜:不是,我不認識叫譚米的人。
know(v.)知道anyone(pron.)任何人call(v.)稱作
Caller: How embarrassing. I must have dialed a wrong number.
來電者:糗了,我一定是打錯電話。
embarrassing(adj.)令人尷尬的dial(v.)撥號wrong(adj.)錯誤的number(n.)號碼
Diana: Don’t worry about it. If I ever meet Tammy, I’ll tell her that your plans have changed.
黛安娜:別擔心,如果我有機會遇到譚米,我會告訴她你的計畫改了。
worry(v.)擔心meet(v.)遇見tell(v.)告訴plan(n.)計畫change(v.)更改
Caller: Haha ok. Goodbye.
來電者:哈哈,好的,再見。