
撞了就跑
Sandy is talking to a police officer because she saw an accident.
珊迪正在與一位警察說話,因為她看見了一起事故。
police(n.)警方,員警officer(n.)官員
Police: Would you tell me your name, please?
警察:可以請妳告訴我妳的名字嗎?
Sandy: Sure. It’s Sandy Brown.
珊迪:當然!我叫做珊迪布朗。
sure(adv.)當然
Police: Thank you. Do you know why the car hit the scooter?
警察:謝謝妳。妳知道這台車為什麼會撞到這台機車嗎?
hit(v.)碰撞scooter(n.)小型機車
Sandy: Yes, I do. The scooter was going straight while the car was turning right. Then, the car bumped into the scooter.
珊迪:是的我知道!這台機車正要直行,而這台車是要右轉。然後,車子就撞上機車了。
straight(adv.)直地,筆直地while(conj.)與……同時turn(n.)轉彎right(adv.)向右地bump(v.)碰,撞
Police: What did the driver of the car do after he hit the scooter?
警察:在車子撞到機車後,駕駛做了什麼呢?
Sandy: He didn’t even get out of the car to take a look. He just drove away.
珊迪:他沒有下車看一下就逃走了。
out(adv.)出,向外away(adv.)去別處
Police: Did you see the plate number or do you know any other information about the car?
警察:你有看到車牌號碼或是知道任何關於這台車的資訊嗎?
plate(n.)平板information(n.)情報,資料,資訊
Sandy: I didn’t see the plate number, but it was a silver BMW.
珊迪:我沒有看見車牌號碼,但是它是一台銀色的寶馬。
silver(adj.)銀色的
Police: Thank you for your help. If you think of anything, please let me know immediately.
警察:謝謝妳的幫忙。如果妳想到任何資訊,請立刻告訴我。
immediately(adv.)立刻
Sandy: I will!
珊迪:我會的!