
FOMO錯失恐懼症
Colin and Miranda are friends. They are having dinner in a restaurant.
柯林和米蘭達是朋友。他們正在餐廳吃晚餐。
Colin: Miranda, I want to tag you in our photos, but I can’t find your Instagram account. Did you delete it?
柯林:米蘭達,我想把你標記在我們的照片上,但我找不到你的IG帳戶。你刪掉了嗎?
tag(v.)標記account(n.)帳戶bank account銀行帳戶
Miranda: Yes. I spent too much time on it. I think I got FOMO.
米蘭達:對啊。我花太多時間在上面了。我想我有FOMO。
FOMO(fear of missing out)錯失恐懼症
Colin: What’s that?
柯林:那是什麼?
Miranda: It’s “fear of missing out.” When I saw my friends post some interesting activities they attended that I didn’t know, I felt stressed. It caused me to keep on checking Instagram.
米蘭達:意思是「錯失恐懼症」。當我看到朋友們發布一些他們參加的有趣活動,而我卻不知道,我會覺得有壓力。這讓我不停地查看IG。
post(v.)發布activity(n.)活動attend(v.)參加stressed(adj.)有壓力的cause sb. to do sth.導致某人做某事
Colin: Then how have you felt after deleting the app?
柯林:那你在刪掉app之後感覺如何呢?
Miranda: I pay more attention to people around me and realize there is much more to my life than comparing myself with others on social media.
米蘭達:我將更多注意力放在周遭的人身上,而且了解到人生不只是在社群媒體上和別人比較而已。
pay attention to sth.將注意力放在某物compare(v.)比較compare A with B把A與B做比較social media社群媒體
Colin: That sounds like a positive change.
柯林:聽起來是個正向的轉變。
positive(adj.)積極的、正向的
Miranda: Yes. Though I might not be able to know what my friends or celebrities have done, I get other news around the world which is much more useful to me.
米蘭達:是啊。雖然我可能不知道朋友還有明星們做了什麼,但我得知其他世界各地的消息,這對我來說有用多了。
though(conj.)雖然celebrity(n.)明星、名人useful(adj.)有用的
Colin: Maybe I should try that. Checking Instagram always takes up lots of my time.
柯林:或許我該試試看。滑IG總是佔了我不少時間。
take up佔據
Miranda: I believe you will live a happier life.
米蘭達:我相信你會過得更快樂。
happy-happier-the happiest