
真人版《天外奇蹟》
Elliot and James are friends. It’s an ordinary afternoon.
艾略特和詹姆斯是朋友。這是一個普通的下午。
ordinary(adj.)平凡的
Elliot: I’m so bored. Let’s find something exciting to do.
艾略特:我好無聊。我們來做點刺激的事情。
bored(adj.)感到無聊的exciting(adj.)令人興奮的
James: Do you want to float up in the sky like David Blaine?
詹姆斯:你想像大衛布萊恩一樣在空中飄浮嗎?
float up飄浮起來
Elliot: I heard about that. How did he manage to do that?
艾略特:我聽說過這件事。他是怎麼做到的啊?
manage to do sth.設法做到
James: With 52 balloons filled with helium.
詹姆斯:用52顆充滿氦氣的氣球。
(which were) filled with被充滿著helium氦氣
Elliot: Like the movie “Up!”
艾略特:就像電影《天外奇蹟》。
James: Exactly. He floated across a desert in Arizona and the journey was broadcasted live via YouTube.
詹姆斯:沒錯。他飄越亞利桑那州的一片沙漠,整趟旅程都透過YouTube現場直播。
desert(n.)沙漠、dessert(n.)甜點journey(n.)旅程broadcast(v.)轉播、播放live(adj.)現場的via(prep.)透過、藉由
Elliot: How long did it take?
艾略特:花了多長時間?
James: Around 3 hours. It attracted more than 6 million viewers worldwide.
詹姆斯:大約3個小時,也吸引了全球超過600萬觀眾一起觀看。
attract(v.)吸引viewer(n.)觀看者、觀眾worldwide(adj.)全球的
Elliot: That’s so cool. Do you want to try?
艾略特:太酷了。想不想試一試?
James: I’ll pass, but I’ll get the balloons for you if you’re interested.
詹姆斯:我就別了,但如果你有興趣,我可以幫幫你準備氣球。
interested(adj.)感興趣的