
另一半全程觀看
Dan and Howard are drinking beer.
丹和霍華德正在喝啤酒。
Dan: Let me ask you a question.
丹:我來問你一個問題。
Howard: Fire away.
霍華德:給你問。
fire away請問、儘管問
Dan: How would you feel if your lover is going out with someone and you have to watch the whole thing?
丹:如果你的另一半今天要和別人約會,而你必須全程觀看,感覺如何?
lover(n.)愛人
Howard: That sounds like a nightmare. Is your girlfriend cheating on you?
霍華德:聽起來像一場噩夢。怎麼,你女朋友出軌嗎?
nightmare(n.)惡夢cheat on sb.出軌、偷吃、have an affair with sb.跟人有一腿
Dan: No. It’s not like that. There’s a reality show called “Just One Night.”
丹:不是那樣啦。有一個叫做「約會就一晚」的實境秀。
reality show實境秀
Howard: And the theme is this? Sounds like the participants all have trust issues.
霍華德:主題就是這個嘛?聽起來所有參加的人都有信任問題。
theme(n.)主題participant(n.)參加者、participate(v.)trust issue信任問題=insecurity不安全感
Dan: They said they are doing this because they want to see if their partner is really right for them.
丹:他們表示之所以這樣做是因為他們想看看另一伴是不是真的適合他們。
partner(n.)伴侶
Howard: Like a test? I don’t think this is responsible at all.
霍華德:這是一個考試嗎?我認為這樣很不負責任欸。
test(n.)考試responsible(adj.)負責任的、responsibility(n.)責任
Dan: How come?
丹:怎麼說呢?
Howard: Because there are other people involved. You can’t just use another person to get feelings straight. That is just wrong.
霍華德:因為還關係到其他人啊。不能利用另一個不相關的人來幫自己理清感覺。那樣很不對。
involve(v.)涉入、關係到get feelings straight理清感覺、straight(adj.)清楚的、let me get this straight把話說清楚、把情況弄清楚