
夏天減肥計畫
Adam and Diana are having a busy day. Adam is inviting Diana to grab a bite to eat between meetings.
亞當跟黛安娜今天很忙,亞當正邀請黛安娜在會議中間空檔去吃點東西。
busy(adj.)忙碌的invite(v.)邀請grab a bite to eat隨便吃點東西meeting(n.)會議
Adam: Hey, want to go out and eat lunch quickly before the next meeting?
亞當:嘿,想在下個會前速速去吃點東西嗎?
want(v.)想要quickly(adv.)快速地
Diana: No, I’m trying to lose a few pounds this summer.
黛安娜:不要,這個夏天我想減個幾磅。
try(v.)嘗試lose(v.)失去
Adam: Well, you can’t just skip entire meals.
亞當:那你也不能完全不吃啊。
skip(v.)跳過entire(adj.)整個的meal(n.)餐點
Diana: I think it’s the fastest way to lose weight.
黛安娜:我覺得這是減重最快的方法。
fastest(adj.)最快的way(n.)方法
Adam: Come on! That’s ridiculous! I saw an article this morning that said if we cut about 300 calories a day from our diet, we can gradually lose weight and become healthier.
亞當:拜託,我早上看到一篇文章,上面說只要每天少吃300卡,就可以逐漸減輕體重、變得更健康。
ridiculous(adj.)荒謬的article(n.)文章cut(v.)減少diet(n.)飲食gradually(adv.)逐漸地become(v.)成為healthier(adj.)更健康的
Diana: Wow! I never knew. But what should I do exactly?
黛安娜:哇,我從不知道。但具體來說我該怎麼做呢?
exactly(adv.)精確地
Adam: You can skip snacks in the afternoon, or stop eating after dinner.
亞當:你可以不吃下午的點心,或是晚餐後就停止進食。
skip(v.)跳過snack(n.)點心stop(v.)停止
Diana: Sounds easier than having nothing the whole day!
黛安娜:聽起來比整天不吃簡單多了。
easier(adj.)更簡單的whole(adj.)整個的
Adam: Duh…obviously! Let’s go buy some food now.
亞當:你才知道,現在一起出去買點吃的吧。
obviously(adv.)明顯地