
台灣女子被要求脫衣檢查
Anna and Troy are friends. They just arrived at Palau International Airport from Taiwan.
安娜和特洛伊是朋友。他們剛從台灣抵達帛琉國際機場。
Anna: Are you excited to be in Palau?
安娜:你對來到帛琉感到興奮嗎?
Troy: Yes, I am! But I heard some news that made me a bit worried.
特洛伊:是的,我很興奮!但我聽到了一則讓我有點擔心的消息。
be worried about sth.(sb.)擔心某事、某人worry(v.)擔心
Anna: What news, Troy?
安娜:什麼消息,特洛伊?
Troy: I read about a Taiwanese tourist here in Palau. She was asked to take off her clothes for a customs check. It made her cry.
特洛伊:我看到一則報導,說有一位台灣觀光客在帛琉被要求脫衣服接受海關檢查,她因此哭了。
tourist(n.)旅客tour(n.)旅程go on a tour去旅遊=have a tourtourist spot觀光景點=tourist sighttake off脫掉
Anna: Oh no, that sounds terrible. Why did they do that?
安娜:哦不,聽起來很糟糕。他們為什麼要這樣做?
Troy: The report said it happened because a Chinese woman tried to hide drugs in her body last month. So, they are checking people more strictly now.
特洛伊:報導說,這是因為上個月有一名中國女性試圖在身上藏毒品。所以,他們現在檢查更加嚴格。
hide(v.)藏、隱藏hide三態:hide,hid,hiddenhidden(adj.)藏起來的hidden treasure藏起來的寶藏drug(n.)藥物medicine(n.)藥物be addicted to drugs沈迷藥物
Anna: I hope the Taiwanese woman is okay now.
安娜:希望那位台灣女生現在沒事了。
Troy: Yes, our embassy in Palau helped her. They said we can contact them if we have any problems.
特洛伊:是的,我們的駐帛琉大使館幫助了她。他們說如果我們遇到任何問題可以聯繫他們。
embassy(n.)大使館contact(v.)(n.)聯繫be in contact with跟~聯繫
Anna: That’s good to know. I hope we don’t have any problems during our trip.
安娜:知道這件事真是太好了。希望我們這次旅行不會遇到什麼問題。
Troy: Me too. Let’s enjoy our time in Palau!
特洛伊:我也希望如此。讓我們好好享受在帛琉的時光吧!
Anna: Yes, let’s go get our luggage and go through customs.
安娜:是的,讓我們去拿行李,然後通過海關吧。
luggage(n.)行李go through通過