
臉色很難看
John and Al are colleagues. Al received a notice from the military.
約翰和艾爾是同事。約翰收到了來自軍方的通知。
receive(v.)收到notice(n.)通知military(n.)軍隊、military service兵役、compulsory military service義務役、voluntary military service志願役、conscription=draft徵兵、enlist(v.)徵招、army(n.)陸軍、navy(n.)海軍、air force空軍、marines(n.)海軍陸戰隊、SEAL海豹突擊隊(Sea, Air, Land Team)、coast guard海巡隊
John: Hey man! What’s with a face like a wet weekend?
約翰:嘿,老兄!怎麼臉這個難看?
with a face like a wet weekend臭臉、憂傷、難過
Al: I just received this notice for the muster recall.
艾爾:我剛剛收到教召的通知。
John: Ahaha! Congrats!
約翰:哈哈!恭喜!
Al: Have you ever received this?
艾爾:你以前有收到過嗎?
John: No, never. Also, it’s been nine years since my honorary discharge, so I won’t be receiving that in the future.
約翰:沒,從來都沒有,而且我退伍後已經過了九年,所以我不會再收到教召令了。
honorary discharge退伍、discharge(n.)退役、出院、出獄
Al: Haven’t you heard? The government is going to change this time limit.
艾爾:你沒聽說嗎?政府要取消這個時間限制。
limit(n.)(v.)限制
John: What? Really?
約翰:什麼?當真?
Al: Yeah, the limit will be extended to at least twelve years after the honorary discharge.
艾爾:對啊,限制會被改成退伍後至少十二年。
extend(v.)延長、擴大、伸展
John: That means that I might go back to the military for training.
約翰:那表示我很可能要回到軍隊接受訓練了。
Al: Yes. Good luck, man.
艾爾:沒錯。祝你好運,老兄。