
赴泰旅遊
Jack is talking to his friend Lucy.
傑克正在跟他的朋友露西聊天。
Jack: Lucy, I have a story for you!
傑克:露西,我有一個故事要跟你說!
make up a story編故事
Lucy: Oh, I love stories! What happened?
露西:喔,我喜歡聽故事!發生什麼事了?
Jack: Last year, I traveled to Thailand and tried a candy that caused big trouble.
傑克:去年我去泰國玩,吃了一種糖果,結果惹出大麻煩。
travel to+地點:去某地旅遊go on a trip去旅遊travel abroad出國旅遊
Lucy: Really? What kind of candy was it?
露西:真的嗎?是什麼糖果?
Jack: It was an unusual candy with marijuana. I was curious and wanted to try it.
傑克:是一種含有大麻的奇怪糖果。我很好奇,想試試看。
unusual(adj.)不尋常的、奇怪的give it a shot試試看
Lucy: Wow! Is that allowed?
露西:哇!那合法嗎?
allow(v.)允許allow sb. to VR允許某人去做
Jack: It’s legal there, but not in Taiwan. Now I can never give blood here.
傑克:在泰國合法,但在台灣不合法。現在我永遠不能捐血了。
legal(adj.)合法的illegal(adj.)非法的give blood捐血
Lucy: Forever? Why?
露西:永遠?為什麼?
for good永遠地
Jack: Marijuana is illegal in Taiwan. They marked me in the system.
傑克:因為大麻在台灣是非法的,他們在系統裡註記我。
mark(v.)標記、註記
Lucy: That sounds serious! Did you know this before?
露西:那聽起來很嚴重耶!你之前知道嗎?
serious(adj.)嚴重的、嚴肅的
Jack: No, I thought it was only a short ban. Now I’m sad.
傑克:不知道,我以為只是短暫禁捐。現在我很難過。
ban(n.)禁令
Lucy: You learned your lesson. No more strange candies!
露西:你學到教訓了,以後不要亂吃奇怪糖果!
learn one’s lesson學到教訓no more不再
Jack: Yes, I will be careful next time.
傑克:對,以後我會小心。
be careful with/about…對…小心