
享年68歲
Betsy and Paul are friends. They are having a conversation.
貝琪和保羅是朋友,他們正在對話。
conversation(n.)談話、對話,have a conversation with sb.和某人談話
Betsy: Hi Paul, are you also a fan of the popular manga and anime “Dragon Ball”?
貝琪:嗨保羅,你也是《七龍珠》這部受歡迎的漫畫和動畫的粉絲嗎?
fan(n.)狂熱愛好者、粉絲、…迷,a fan of+sb. or sth.某人或某事物的粉絲manga(n.)日本漫畫anime(n.)(日本的)動畫,animation(n.)動畫
Paul: Yes, why do you ask?
保羅:是的,你為什麼這麼問呢?
Betsy: The creator of “Dragon Ball,” Akira Toriyama, just passed away on March 1. He was only 68.
貝琪:《七龍珠》的作者鳥山明剛於3月1日過世。他才68歲。
only(adv.)只、僅、才
Paul: That’s so sad. I can’t believe it. I loved “Dragon Ball.”
保羅:太令人難過了。我無法相信。我很喜歡《七龍珠》。
believe(v.)相信,believe in+sb. or sth.相信某人或某事物
Betsy: Yeah, it’s a big loss. Did you know he was working on many projects before he died?
貝琪:是啊,這是一個巨大的損失。你知道他在辭世之前正在進行很多作品嗎?
loss(n.)損失,lose(v.)遺失、丟失work on sth.從事、進行某事project(n.)計畫、方案
Paul: No, I thought he hadn’t had any new comics for a while.
保羅:不知道,我以為他已經有一陣子沒有新的漫畫了。
comic(n.)漫畫,comic books漫畫書for a while暫時、一會兒
Betsy: Actually, before he died, he was working on many projects and had so much more he wanted to do.
貝琪:實際上,在他去世之前,正在進行很多作品,他還有很多想做的事。
actually(adv.)事實上=in fact, as a matter of fact
Paul: Wow, he held onto his passion until the end. “Dragon Ball” has been a huge part of many people’s lives.
保羅:哇,他一直堅持著他的熱情到最後。《七龍珠》一直是許多人人生中重要的一部分。
hold onto sth.堅持某事passion(n.)熱情life(n.)人生、一生,複數為liveslive(v.)居住
Betsy: Absolutely. It’s a sad day for fans, but his manga will live on.
貝琪:沒錯。這對粉絲來說是個悲傷的日子,但他的漫畫將會流傳下去。
absolutely(adv.)絕對地=certainlylive on持續存在或延續下去