
成為生活的一部分
Zack and Ellie are classmates. They are preparing for an English exam.
柴克和艾莉是同學。他們正在準備英語考試。
prepare for sth.準備
Zack: Studying English is so painful.
柴克:讀英文好痛苦。
painful(adj.)痛苦的、be in pain
Ellie: What are you talking about? You’re good at grammar.
艾莉:你在說什麼?你文法很好啊。
grammar(n.)文法
Zack: I need to be better. How can I beef up my English?
柴克:好還要更好,要怎麼讓自己英文更強啊?
beef up=improve加強、變更好
Ellie: You know Lin Chien-you? Her dad sells rice puddings in Yunlin. She got a very high score on the TOEIC Bridge.
艾莉:你知道林千祐嗎?她爸爸在雲林賣碗粿。她之前考多益普及測驗拿了超高分。
score(n.)分數
Zack: Wow, that’s impressive. How did she do it?
柴克:好厲害。她是怎麼做到的?
impressive(adj.)厲害的、印象深刻的
Ellie: She said that the key is to create an English environment and make speaking English a part of your life.
艾莉:她說關鍵是創造一個英語學習環境並讓說英語這件事情成為生活的一部分。
key(n.)鑰匙、關鍵a part of your life生活的一部份
Zack: Tell me more.
柴克:我想知道更多。
Ellie: Like listening to the radio in English before going to bed or watching a TV series in English without Chinese subtitles.
艾莉:就像我睡覺前總會聽英語廣播,還有我看了很多沒有中文字幕的英語電視劇。
in+語言without(prep.)沒有、缺少subtitle(n.)字幕
Zack: I’m not that good.
柴克:我英文還沒那麼好。
Ellie: Well, the point is to speak more and listen more. Your English will get better naturally.
艾莉:嗯嗯,重點是要多說也多聽,英語自然會進步。
point(n.)重點naturally(adv.)自然地、nature(n.)自然