
說我今晚不在家
John and Wendy are roommates. Someone knocks on the door when they are about to watch a movie.
約翰和溫蒂是室友。當他們正要看電影時,有人敲門了。
knock(v.)敲be about to do sth.即將做某事
John: Who could that be? It’s so late and it’s raining outside.
約翰:會是誰啊?也太晚了,而且外面在下雨。
Wendy: I’ll go check the peephole.
溫蒂:我去看一下貓眼。
peephole貓眼
John: Who is it?
約翰:誰?
Wendy: It’s a girl. Isn’t she the girl that you went on a date with last week? She is soaking wet.
溫蒂:是個女生。她不是上週和你約會的女生嗎?她站在外面,而且全身濕透了。
be soaking wet全身濕透、soak(v.)浸泡
John: Oh no. Keep your voice down.
約翰:噢,不。小聲點。
keep the voice down小聲、音量放低
Wendy: What did you do to her?
溫蒂:你對她做了什麼?
John: I kind of stopped replying to her messages after we got to second base.
約翰:我上了二壘之後,就有點故意沒回她的訊息。
kind of好像reply(v.)回覆message(n.)訊息second base二壘
Wendy: You bastard! What should we do?
溫蒂:你這個混蛋!現在該怎麼辦?
bastard(n.)混帳
John: If she asks to see me, just say I’m out tonight. I’ll go hide in your room.
約翰:如果她找的話我,那就說我今晚不在家。我先去躲你房間裡面。
ask to RV要求做某事hide(v.)躲藏
Wendy: John! Come back! I’m not helping you this time.
溫蒂:約翰!回來!這次我才不要幫你!