
變得花言巧語
Mark and Tina are a couple. Tina is in the kitchen.
馬克和緹娜是情侶,緹娜在廚房裡。
Mark: I am so bored. I am tired of playing this stupid game.
馬克:我好無聊啊,我玩膩了這個愚蠢的遊戲。
bored(adj.)感到無聊的,boring(adj.)無趣的be tired of sth.對⋯感到厭煩stupid(adj.)愚蠢的
Tina: Why don’ t you come help me wash dishes?
緹娜:來幫我洗碗吧!
come(go)+原形動詞dish(n.)碗盤、菜餚
Mark: Um…the kitchen is too small to fit in another person, isn’t it?
馬克:呃⋯廚房太小,容納不下另一個人了,不是嗎?
too…to…太⋯以致於不能⋯fit(v.)可容納
Tina: Give me a break. Just admit that you are a lazybones.
緹娜:少來了,就承認你是個懶骨頭吧。
admit(v.)承認lazybones(n.)懶骨頭
Mark: I just don’t know what better things I can do at this moment.
馬克:我只是不知道現在還有什麼更好的事情可以做。
疑問詞引導的間接問句,wh-+主詞+動詞(助動詞)at this moment=right now
Tina comes out from the kitchen and shows Mark her phone.
緹娜從廚房出來,給馬克看她的手機。
Tina: Take a look at this article. Maybe we should give this couple workout a try. Studies show that couples who work out together feel more satisfied in their relationships.
緹娜:看看這篇文章,也許我們應該試試情侶健身,研究顯示,一起健身的情侶,在關係裡會感到更滿足。
article(n.)文章give sth. a try試試看⋯study(n.)研究satisfied(adj.)滿意的、滿足的relationship(n.)人際關係
Mark: That’s too much hassle. Besides, I am pretty satisfied with you, my dear.
馬克:太麻煩了,而且,親愛的,我對你很滿意啊。
hassle(n.)麻煩事pretty(adv.)相當、很be satisfied with sb.(sth.)對某人(某物)感到滿意
Tina: Get out of here. I wish I could lose a few pounds.
緹娜:別鬧了,我希望我可以瘦一點。
get out of here我不信、別鬧了pound(n.)重量單位的磅
Mark: To me, you are perfect.
馬克:對我來說,你很完美了。
perfect(adj.)完美的
Tina: Since when did you become such a smooth talker?
緹娜:從什麼時候你變得這麼會花言巧語了?
smooth talker花言巧語、油腔滑調的人