
日日都有驚喜
Lena is talking to her classmate Mark.
莉娜正在跟同學馬克講話。
Lena: Hey, Mark! Did you see this? I made my own advent calendar this year.
莉娜:嘿,馬克!你看到這個嗎?我今年自己做了一個聖誕倒數月曆。
advent(n.)出現、來臨calendar(n.)日曆、行事曆
Mark: Really? That’s cool! What did you put inside the boxes?
馬克:真的嗎?好酷喔!你在小盒子裡放了什麼?
inside(adv.)裡面、內部indoors(adv.)在室內
Lena: Different things. Some days have chocolate, but other days have notes.
莉娜:很多不一樣的東西。有些天是巧克力,但是其他天是小紙條。
other(det.)其他的other+複數N.note(n.)紙條leave a note留紙條take notes做筆記
Mark: Notes? Like what?
馬克:紙條?像是什麼?
Lena: Little missions. For example, “Buy a hot chocolate,” or “Call a friend you miss.”
莉娜:小任務。比如說「買一杯熱巧克力」或「打電話給你想念的朋友」。
mission(n.)任務
Mark: Oh, that’s fun! So it’s not just candy — it’s like a daily surprise.
馬克:喔,那很有趣耶!所以不只是糖果,而是每天一個小驚喜。
daily(adj.)每天的、日常的daily life日常生活
Lena: Exactly. Today’s note says, “Do something kind.”
莉娜:沒錯。今天的紙條寫著「做一件善事」。
Mark: Nice! So what are you going to do?
馬克:不錯!那你打算做什麼?
be going to即將、打算
Lena: I’m thinking about buying cookies for my classmates.
莉娜:我在想買餅乾給同學們。
think about考慮、思考
Mark: Good idea. Advent calendars make December feel warm.
馬克:好主意。聖誕倒數月曆會讓十二月變得很溫暖。
warm(adj.)溫暖的、親切的
Lena: Yeah, every day feels a bit special. Do you want to make one too?
莉娜:對啊,每一天都變得有點特別。你也想做一個嗎?
a bit稍微(修飾程度)
Mark: Maybe! But mine will have snacks only. No missions.
馬克:也許吧!但我的裡面只會放零食,不會有任務。
Lena: That still counts! Snacks can make people happy too.
莉娜:那也算啦!零食也能讓人開心的。
count(v.)計數、算數