
直走不要轉彎
Abby is heading to the public library, but she is a bit lost. So, she asks a passerby how to get there.
艾比正要前往公共圖書館,但她有點迷路了。於是她問路人怎麼走。
head to=前往passerby(n.)路過者
Abby: Excuse me. Sorry to bother. Do you know where the public library is?
艾比:不好意思,打擾了。請問你知道公共圖書館在哪裡嗎?
bother(v.)打擾
Passerby: Ah… It’s a few blocks away from here.
路人:啊⋯⋯要走一段路才會到呢。
a few(可數名詞)=數個block(n.)街區
Abby: Can I go there on foot?
艾比:走路到得了嗎?
on foot=步行
Passerby: Yes, you can. First, go straight and walk along Third Avenue.
路人:是可以的。首先,沿著第三大道直走。
along(prep.)沿著
Abby: Got it.
艾比:了解。
Passerby: Go straight down the road until you see a roundabout. And take the second exit on the left.
路人:直走直到妳看到圓環,轉入左側的第二個出口。
roundabout(n.)圓環exit(n.)出口entrance(n.)入口
Abby: OK. Roundabout and second exit on the left…
艾比:好的。圓環然後是左側第二個出口……
Passerby: Stay on the same road and don’t turn. Go ahead and you will see an Italian restaurant on your right. The library is just across from the restaurant.
路人:沿著同一條路直走,不要轉彎。一直直走,然後妳會看到右手邊有家義大利餐廳。圖書館就在餐廳的對面。
turn(v.)轉彎、轉向across from=位在對面
Abby: That’s a lot to remember. Thanks for your help anyway.
艾比:要記的東西好多啊。不管怎樣,還是謝謝你的幫忙。
anyway(adv.)不管怎麼樣