
蚵仔麵線沒香菜
Tim and Kelly are coworkers. They are having a conversation.
提姆和凱莉是同事。他們正在對話。
Tim: Hey, Kelly, let’s get some oyster vermicelli for a snack.
提姆:嘿,凱莉,我們去買蚵仔麵線當點心吧。
vermicelli(n.)細麵條、線麵
Kelly: Sounds great! I hope they put lots of coriander in it. I love coriander!
凱莉:好啊!希望他們多加點香菜。我超愛香菜的!
Tim: Actually, the boss just told me they’re out of coriander today.
提姆:其實,老闆剛剛告訴我,他們今天沒有香菜了。
out of 用光、用盡
Kelly: What? No coriander? That’s my favorite part!
凱莉:什麼?沒有香菜?那是我最喜歡的部分啊!
Tim: Yeah, the price of coriander has gone way up because of the typhoon. It’s really hard to find now.
提姆:對啊,因為颱風的關係,香菜價格漲得很厲害,現在真的很難找到。
way(adv.)大大地、大幅、遠遠地、非常
Kelly: Seriously? How much has it gone up?
凱莉:真的嗎?漲了多少?
Tim: Before the typhoon, it was around 60 NT dollars per kilogram. Now it’s over 1,000 NT dollars.
提姆:颱風之前,每公斤大約60元。現在已經漲到超過1,000元了。
price hike價格上漲
Kelly: That’s crazy! No wonder they’re out. I’m so disappointed.
凱莉:太誇張了!難怪他們沒貨。我真的很失望。
no wonder 難怪、怪不得disappointed(adj.)失望的be disappointed with(in) sb.(sth.)對某人(某事)感到失望disappoint(v.)使失望disappoint sb.使某人失望disappoint sb’s expectations辜負某人的期望
Tim: I know. I don’t mind too much since I don’t really like coriander.
提姆:我知道。我倒是沒那麼在意,因為我其實不太喜歡香菜。
mind(v.)介意mind sth.介意某事mind doing sth.介意做某事
Kelly: Lucky you! For me, it’s just not the same without it.
凱莉:真幸運!對我來說,沒有香菜就不一樣了。
without(prep.)在沒有~的情況下(後加N.或V-ing)
Tim: How about we ask them to add extra garlic instead?
提姆:那我們可以請他們加多一點大蒜怎麼樣?
instead(adv.)取而代之、反而
Kelly: That could work. Let’s do that.
凱莉:那不錯。那就這麼辦吧。
work(v.)可行