
北歐風的辦公室
Henry and Jenny are colleagues. They are having a meeting online.
亨利和珍妮是同事。他們正在線上開會。
Henry: Hi Jenny! Only two of us will be attending this meeting?
亨利:嗨,珍妮!這次會議只有我們兩個人參加?
attend(v.)出席
Jenny: That’s right. Nice background, by the way.
珍妮:沒錯。順便說一下,你的背景不錯。
by the way附帶一提
Henry: Thanks. I just downloaded it from the National Palace Museum’s website. It’s a famous ink wash painting.
亨利:謝謝。我從故宮博物院網站下載的。這是一幅著名的水墨畫。
download(v.)下載、upload(v.)上傳website(n.)網站ink wash painting水墨畫
Jenny: I guess I should also use a background so that you won’t see my messy room.
珍妮:我也想來換一下背景,這樣你就不會看到我房間有多亂。
so that以便messy(adj.)雜亂的、mess(n.)
Henry: Ha, now you know why I use a background for my conference calls. There are many free backgrounds for you to choose from on the Internet.
亨利:哈,現在你就知道為什麼我換背景了開會了。網路上有很多款免費背景圖可以下載啊。
conference call視訊會議choose from從中選擇
Jenny: Is there any source that you’d recommend?
珍妮:有什麼推薦的資源嗎。
source(n.)資源recommend(v.)推薦、recommendation(n.)
Henry: You can go to IKEA’s website.
亨利:像IKEA啊。
Jenny: Wow, I always wanted a Nordic style office. I guess now I can finally realize my dream.
珍妮:我的確想要有一個北歐風的辦公室,終於能美夢成真。
Nordic(adj.)北歐的realize my dream實現夢想
Henry: I’ll send you the links, but before that, let’s start the meeting, shall we?
亨利:我把連結貼給你,但在那之前,要開始我們今天的會議了嗎?
link(n.)連結shall(modal.)用於在主語爲I或 we 時替代 will或是表示建議使用
Jenny: Thanks, and yes.
珍妮:謝謝,然後好啊。