
千萬不要加鹽
It’s wintertime. Boris’s mom is teaching Boris how to cook sesame oil chicken.
冬日已到。鮑瑞斯的媽媽正在教他怎麼煮麻油雞。
wintertime冬季時間teach-taught-taught(v.)教
Mom: First, turn on the stove. Don’t burn yourself again.
媽媽:首先打開火,你不要又燙傷了。
turn on開、turn off關burn(v.)燒傷
Boris: I won’t! Okay, what next?
鮑瑞斯:我不會!然後呢?
what next?下一步
Mom: Pour in some sesame oil and heat it up. Go easy on the oil. You got the ginger slices ready?
媽媽:倒一些麻油來熱鍋。不用倒那麼多。你的薑片準備好了嗎?
pour(v.)倒heat up加熱go easy on別倒那麼多、減量、有節制ginger slice薑片
Boris: Yes, they’re right here.
鮑瑞斯:沒錯。在這。
Mom: Add them into the pot and fry them until they get brown.
媽媽:加到鍋裡面然後炒到有點焦黃。
pot(n.)鍋fry(v.)炒brown(adj.)棕色
Boris: Then the chicken? Do I add it now?
鮑瑞斯:雞肉呢?現在加下去嗎?
Mom: Yes, fry the chicken a little before adding the rice wine.
媽媽:對,在加米酒之前炒一下肉。
rice wine米酒
Boris: It smells so good! Should we add salt?
鮑瑞斯:聞起來好香。要加鹽嗎?
smell(v.)聞起來
Mom: Never! Now just wait for the chicken to get tender.
媽媽:千萬不要。現在就等雞肉變嫩。
tender(adj.)嫩
Boris: Okay!
鮑瑞斯:好的。