
烤箱預熱到180℃
Eric and Lisa are a couple. They are making dinner.
艾瑞克和麗莎是夫妻。他們正在做晚餐。
couple(n.)情侶、夫妻
Lisa: Will you come over and give me a hand?
麗莎:你能過來幫我一下嗎?
give sb. a hand助某人一臂之力、幫助某人
Eric: What are we having today?
艾瑞克:我們今天吃什麼?
have(v.)擁有、吃、喝
Lisa: Pork ribs.
麗莎:豬肋排。
Eric: What can I do for you?
艾瑞克:我可以幫忙你做什麼呢?
Lisa: You can clean the pork ribs and pat them dry with a sheet of paper towel.
麗莎:你可以把肋排洗乾淨,然後用一張紙巾把它拍乾。
pat(v.)(n.)輕拍、輕打sheet(n.)(尤指方形的)大薄片paper towel紙巾
Eric: Yes, chef! Should we rub some salt, pepper and oil on both sides?
艾瑞克:好的,主廚!要不要在兩面抹上一些鹽、胡椒粉跟油?
chef(n.)廚師、大廚、主廚rub(v.)摩擦、揉搓、抹pepper(n.)胡椒粉
Lisa: Of course. Once you finish that, preheat the oven to 180°C.
麗莎:當然。做完這些後,將烤箱預熱到180℃。
oven(n.)烤箱、烤爐preheat(v.)預熱
Eric: How long should we bake the ribs?
艾瑞克:我們應該要把肋排烤多久?
bake(v.)烘、烤baking soda小蘇打粉
Lisa: About two hours.
麗莎:大約兩個小時。
Eric: That long? It makes my mouth water just by seeing it in the oven.
艾瑞克:這麼久?光是看到它在烤箱裡,我就口水直流。
water(n.)水(v.)流口水mouthwatering(adj.)令人垂涎的、誘人的
Lisa: Dip the pork ribs in some barbecue sauce after that, and we can dig in!
麗莎:之後再把肋排沾上一些烤肉醬,我們就可以開動了!
dip(v.)涮、浸、蘸、沾sauce(n.)調味汁、醬dig in開動
Eric: Sounds like a square meal. Thank you, darling.
艾瑞克:聽起來真是豐盛的一餐。謝謝你,親愛的。
square(n.)正方形、四方形(adj.)正方形的、四方形的、正的meal(n.)餐、一頓飯