
太硬咬不動
Bradly and Janice are siblings. They are talking.
布萊德利和珍妮絲是一對兄妹。他們正在說話。
Janice: Did you notice that Grandma eats less than she used to?
珍妮絲:你有注意到奶奶吃得比以前少嗎?
notice(v.)注意到little-less-the leastused to過去常常、曾經
Bradly: I did. She used to eat a bowl of rice with a plate of sides. But now she can’t finish all of it.
布萊德利:有。她之前可以吃一碗白飯加一盤配菜。但現在她沒辦法吃完全部。
plate(n.)一盤side(n.)配菜
Janice: Do you think the reason is she has loose teeth?
珍妮絲:你覺得原因會不會是她牙齒鬆動了?
reason(n.)原因loose(adj.)鬆動的
Bradly: Maybe. She usually doesn’t eat the hard food like beans or carrots. I guess they are difficult for her to chew.
布萊德利:有可能。她通常不吃硬硬的食物,像是豆類或紅蘿蔔。我猜它們對她來說很難咬。
bean(n.)豆類carrot(n.)紅蘿蔔chew(v.)咀嚼
Janice: Got it. Then we should prepare something soft for her. I think tofu is a good choice.
珍妮絲:懂了。那我們應該準備一些軟的食物給她。我想豆腐是一個不錯的選擇。
soft(adj.)軟的、柔軟的choice(n.)選擇
Bradly: And we can cut the food into smaller pieces.
布萊德利:我們也可以把食物切小塊一點。
cut A into B把A切成Bsmall-smaller-the smallestpiece(n.)塊、片
Janice: Ok. Besides, I also want to change the way we cook. Grandma shouldn’t eat dishes which are too oily.
珍妮絲:好啊。除此之外,我也想改變烹飪方式。奶奶不應該吃太油的菜。
besides(adv.)(prep.)除~之外還有dish(n.)料理、菜餚oily(adj.)多油的、油膩的
Bradly: Well, I think working up Grandma’s appetite is also important. Do you have any good ideas for that?
布萊德利:嗯,我覺得促進奶奶的食慾也很重要。你有什麼好主意嗎?
work up one’s appetite促進某人的食慾
Janice: How about making the dishes more colorful?
珍妮絲:把菜變得色彩豐富點如何?
colorful(adj.)色彩鮮豔的、豐富多彩的
Bradly: That’s a big challenge. It’s time to improve our cooking skills.
布萊德利:那是個蠻大的挑戰。是時候增進我們的廚藝了。
challenge(n.)挑戰、考驗improve(v.)改進、改善