
在家開伙省錢?
John and Maggie are cooking dinner in the kitchen.
約翰和麥姬在廚房煮晚餐
John: Why did you cook celery today? You know I prefer cabbage.
約翰:你今天為什麼煮芹菜?你知道我比較喜歡高麗菜。
celery(n.)芹菜prefer(v.)比較喜歡cabbage(n.)高麗菜
Maggie: I know, but vegetable prices have been soaring recently, especially the price of cabbage.
麥姬:我知道,但青菜價格最近飆漲,尤其是高麗菜。
price(n.)價格have been Ving現在完成進行式soar(v.)飆升recently(adv.)最近especially(adv.)尤其是
John: Really? Is it because of all the rain recently?
約翰:真的嗎?是因為最近一直下雨嗎?
rain(n.)下雨
Maggie: Maybe…. You know what? The highest priced cabbage costs up to NT 170!
麥姬:大概吧,你知道嗎?高麗菜最好的品種價錢高達170元!
the highest最高的priced(adj.)定價的cost(v.)要價up to高達
John: Wow, that’s too high!
約翰:哇!那太貴了吧!
Maggie: I agree. Hang on, did you put in garlic?
麥姬:我同意,等等,你放大蒜進去了嗎?
agree(v.)同意hang on=wait=hold on等等garlic(n.)大蒜
John: No, but I’m adding it now. Do you want me to put in some mushrooms as well?
約翰:沒有,但我現在要加進去了。你要我也放些香菇進去嗎?
add(v.)添加want sb to RV要某人做某事mushroom(n.)香菇as well也
Maggie: Sure, that will add more flavor to the dish.
麥姬:好啊,那可以替這道菜添點風味。
flavor(n.)風味、口味dish(n.)菜餚
John: Actually, if vegetable prices continue to go up, we should think about eating out more.
約翰:其實,如果菜價一直都這麼高,我們應該考慮有時候在外面吃。
actually(adv.)事實上=as a matter of factcontinue(v.)持續think about考慮
Maggie: Sounds good! In that case, we can save ourselves money and time.
麥姬:聽起來不錯!如果是這樣的話,我們可以替自己省下在家煮飯的錢和時間。
in that case=if that’s the case如果是這樣的話save(v.)節省