
掏空你的錢包
Tony and Annie are taking a walk after dinner.
湯尼與安妮晚餐後正在散步。
after(prep.)在……之後
Tony: I find that there are more and more claw machine stations these days.
湯尼:我發現最近有愈來愈多的夾娃娃店耶!
claw(n.)爪machine(n.)機器station(n.)站,所,站台
Annie: Hmm… That seems to be true. There’s a new one near my company.
安妮:嗯……似乎是真的。我公司附近也新開了一家。
seem(v.)似乎true(adj.)真實的,確實的company(n.)公司
Tony: I’m wondering what the reason is.
湯尼:我在想這是為什麼呢?
wonder(v.)疑惑,想知道reason(n.)理由,原因
Annie: I think people can enjoy the fun at the moment for a very low price. Maybe they even start to get the feeling of gambling.
安妮:我認為人們可以用非常低的價格享受到當下的樂趣,甚至開始有種賭博感。
enjoy(v.)享受moment(n.)時候,時刻for(prep.)以……為代價price(n.)價格maybe(adv.)大概,或許feeling(n.)感覺gamble(v.)賭博
Tony: Do you mean getting a big prize while spending very little money?
湯尼:妳的意思是用非常少的錢得到一個大獎嗎?
mean(v.)意思是prize(n.)獎while(conj.)在……時候spend(v.)花費little(adj.)很少的
Annie: Yes, and they don’t even realize that they are spending money.
安妮:是啊!他們甚至沒有意識到他們正在花錢!
realize(v.)意識到
Tony: Oh! And the “guarantee” of getting the object makes people spend more money unconsciously.
湯尼:噢!還有保證取物也會使人們沒有意識到就花了更多的錢!
guarantee(n.)保證object(n.)物體unconsciously(adv.)未意識到地
Annie: In addition, the fixed cost and labor cost are reduced.
安妮:此外,固定成本與勞動成本也減少了!
fixed(adj.)固定的cost(n.)成本labor(n.)勞動,勞工reduce(v.)減少
Tony: I can see now why there has been an increase in the number of claw machine stations these days.
東尼:我現在能暸解最近它的數量持續增加的原因了!
see(v.)明白,知道increase(n.)增加number(n.)數量