
自我價值與快樂人生比減重重要
Samantha and Tina are sisters. They’re having dinner.
莎曼沙和媞娜是姐妹,她們正在吃晚餐。
sister(n.)姐妹have(v.)吃
Samantha: Oh gosh, I think I gained weight again!
莎曼沙:噢天啊,我又變胖了。
think(v.)想,認為gain(v.)得到,獲得weight(n.)重量,體重again(adv.)再次
Tina: Did you just weigh yourself?
媞娜:妳剛剛量體重嗎?
just(adv.)剛才yourself(pron.)你自己
Samantha: Yeah, that number almost scared me to death.
莎曼沙:是阿,那數字快嚇死我了。
Yeah(adv.)是的number(n.)數字almost(adv.)幾乎scare(v.)驚嚇,害怕death(n.)死亡
Tina: Haha, don’t care too much about it.
媞娜:哈哈,別太在意。
care(v.)在乎,介意care about在乎,關心too much過於,太……
Samantha: What girl doesn’t care about their own weight?
莎曼沙:現在哪個女生不在意體重的?
own(adj.)自己的
Tina: There actually is one, my favorite movie star Kate Winslet hasn’t weighed herself in 12 years!
媞娜:有啊,我最愛的電影明星凱特溫絲蕾就已經12年沒有量體重啦!
actually(adv.)實際上favorite(adj.)最喜歡的movie(n.)電影star(n.)星星,明星herself(pron.)她自己
Samantha: Are you talking about the main actress in the movie Titanic?
莎曼沙:妳是說電影《鐵達尼號》的女主角嗎?
talk about談論main(adj.)主要的actress(n.)女演員Titanic鐵達尼號
Tina: That’s right, she may not be slim, but she maintains a healthy body.
媞娜:沒錯,她雖然不是個苗條美女,但維持著健康的體態。
right(adj.)正確的may(aux.)可能,也許slim(adj.)苗條的,纖細的maintain(v.)維持,保持healthy(adj.)健康的body(n.)身體
Samantha: She’s gorgeous, I really admire her confidence and great acting skill!
莎曼沙:她很美麗,我也很欣賞她自信又優秀的演技!
gorgeous(adj.)非常美麗的really(adv.)非常,十分admire(v.)欣賞great(adj.)優秀的,很棒的act(v.)演戲,表演skill(n.)技巧
Tina: Yeah, she’s also advocating staying away from scales, and finding your self-worth as the key to happiness.
媞娜:是的,她還提倡遠離體重機、找到自我價值才是快樂生活的關鍵。
also(adv.)也,還advocate(v.)提倡,主張stay away from遠離scale(n.)秤,磅秤find(v.)找到,發現self-worth自我價值as(prep.)作為,當作key(n.)關鍵happiness(n.)幸福,快樂