
不給小費就咆哮
John is staying at a hotel. He is not happy. He telephones the hotel manager.
約翰住在一家飯店,他不太開心,他打電話給飯店經理。
stay(v.)待著hotel(n.)飯店telephone=call(v.)打電話manager(n.)經理
Manager: Hello, hotel manager speaking. How may I help you?
經理:您好,我是飯店經理,有什麼需要嗎?
hotel(n.)飯店manager(n.)經理speak(v.)說話help(v.)幫助
John: Yes, hello. Room 612 here. It’s about one of your bellboys.
約翰:您好,這邊是612房,我想跟你說一下關於你們的門僮。
room(n.)房間bellboy(n.)門僮
Manager: What’s the matter?
經理:怎麼了呢?
matter(n.)事情
John: Well to be honest, I am shocked by how poorly he treats guests.
約翰:說實話,我很驚訝,他的服務有夠差。
to be honest說實話shock(v.)驚嚇poorly(adv.)糟糕地treat(v.)對待guest(n.)客人
Manager: Was he not doing his job properly?
經理:他沒有把自己分內工作做好嗎?
job(n.)工作properly(adv.)合適地
John: Not at all! He spat on the floor when he was showing me my room, then he threw my suitcase on the bed.
約翰:完全沒有!他帶我到房間的時候,先是吐口水在地上,接著又把我的行李丟到床上。
not at all完全不是spit(v.)吐口水floor(n.)樓板、地板show(v.)展示room(n.)房間throw(v.)丟suitcase(n.)行李
Manager: Oh dear.
經理:天啊。
John: Worse still, when I didn’t tip him — because of the bad service — he started shouting at me.
約翰:更糟的是,因為他服務太差,所以我沒有給他小費,他居然開始對我咆哮。
worse(adj.)更糟糕的tip(v.)給小費because of因為service(n.)服務start(v.)開始shout(v.)咆哮、大叫
Manager: I can’t believe someone at our hotel would act like that. My sincerest apologies. I will speak to the staff immediately.
經理:我不敢相信我們飯店裡會有人這樣,我真的很抱歉,我會立刻跟員工談談。
believe(v.)相信hotel(n.)飯店act(v.)表現sincere(adj.)真誠的apology(n.)道歉speak(v.)說話staff(n.)工作人員immediately(adv.)立刻
John: Thank you.
約翰:謝謝。