
無法跟上趨勢
Business owners would prefer to avoid the thought of their business failing, but ignoring signs of trouble is almost certainly going to end badly for any company.
企業主會傾向不去想公司會有倒閉的一天,但忽略失敗的前兆,肯定會讓公司以失敗告終。
ignore(v.)忽視、不理睬ignorant(adj.)無知的、愚昧的ignorance(n.)無知、愚昧
Here are some common reasons companies go out of business, and what you should avoid if you don’t want to go down the same road.
以下是公司倒閉的常見原因,以及如果不想同樣走上失敗一途,你該避免的事項。
go down the same road 走上老路、重蹈覆徹
Not understanding your customers.
不去了解顧客。
target audience 目標受眾demographic 客群prospective customer 潛在顧客
Do you maintain communication with your customers? Do you know what they like or dislike?
你是否跟顧客保持溝通?你是否知道他們的喜惡?
communication(n.)溝通interpersonal relationship 人際關係customer experience 顧客體驗loyalty 忠誠(度)after-sale service 售後服務
Understanding your customers is necessary for developing an effective business strategy.
了解顧客是必要的,如此一來才能發想出有效的商業策略。
strategy(n.)策略pricing 定價advertising 廣告marketing campaign 行銷活動distribution channel 分銷管道
Not planning.
欠缺規劃。
If you don’t know where your business is going or how it’s going to get there, then there is no future for your business.
如果你不知道公司將去往何方,也不曉得要怎麼達成目標,那你的公司並沒有未來可言。
corporate vision 企業願景mission 使命core value 核心價值
As the saying goes, failing to plan is planning to fail.
俗話說,沒能規劃便是失敗的規劃。
fail to do sth. 未能做到某事
Not being able to keep up.
無法跟上趨勢。
keep up with sb. 跟上某人(的步伐或程度)keep up with a trend 跟上趨勢=keep abreast of a trend
Things change, whether it’s the competition, technology, or market, and companies need to stay on top of the trends to stay in the game.
競爭、科技或市場日新月異,公司得時時跟上趨勢,才能在競爭中保有一席之地。
stay on top of sth. 佔有~的優勢、掌控~behind the game 在競爭中落後be ahead of the game 在競爭中領先
And lastly, not having enough finances.
最後是資金不足。
finance(n.)金融、財務、資金financial crisis 金融危機
Businesses need enough money to survive through the natural ups and downs of sales cycles.
銷售週期中自然會有高低起伏,企業需要有足夠的資金度過這段時期。
survive(v.)倖存、存活、生存ups and downs 起起伏伏
It’ll be big trouble if your company’s bank account reaches zero.
若公司的銀行帳戶趨近零元,那可就不妙了。