
小孩不善表達自己
Ross and Judy are husband and wife. They are discussing an issue.
羅斯和茱蒂是夫妻。他們正在討論一個問題。
discuss(v.)討論
Ross: What happened to Mike? Why is he crying so loudly?
羅斯:麥克怎麼了?他為什麼哭得那麼大聲?
Judy: I just took his cell phone away from him, and now he’s acting out as a response.
茱蒂:我剛剛把他的手機拿走了,他現在就用亂發洩的方式回應我。
response(n.)回應、反應respond(v.)回應、反應act out因為不滿或痛苦而發洩或有行為不當
Ross: Okay, so what should we do now? He won’t stop.
羅斯:好吧,那我們現在應該怎麼做?他不肯停下來。
Judy: I want him to learn to cope with his negative emotions, instead of using them to get what he wants.
茱蒂:我想讓他學會應對他的負面情緒,而不是用它來得到他想要的東西。
cope with sth.(sb.)應付或應對某個人、事、物
Ross: Children are not good at expressing themselves, but we can teach him how to use different colors to show his emotions.
羅斯:小孩子不善於表達自己,但我們可以教他如何用不同的顏色來表示自己的情緒。
express(v.)表達、陳述facial expression臉部表情expressive(adj.)富有表情的、有表現力的
Judy: Oh! That’s actually quite brilliant. How about “green” to show calm, “yellow” to show worry, and “red” to show anger?
茱蒂:哦!這主意挺棒的。用「綠色」表示平靜,用「黃色」表示擔心,用「紅色」表示憤怒,怎麼樣?
brilliant(adj.)聰穎的、高明的、絕妙的calm(adj.)冷靜的、鎮靜的(n.)冷靜、鎮靜,句中的calm為名詞
Ross: Good thinking. What about happiness?
羅斯:好主意。那開心呢?
Judy: You don’t need a color for happiness. Your facial expressions say it all!
茱蒂:你不需要用顏色來表示開心。臉部表情就能說明一切了!
facial expression臉部表情
Ross: Ha. Good point. Alright then, good luck trying it out.
羅斯:哈。說得對。好吧,那就祝你嘗試順利吧。
Judy: You’re supposed to do this with me. You know that, right?
茱蒂:你應該要和我一起嘗試的。你知道的,對吧?
be supposed to v. sth.應該、應當做某事suppose(v.)猜想
Ross: Oh…
羅斯:哦……