
行人友善區正式啟動
Tim is having a conversation with his friend Mindy.
提姆正在和他的朋友敏迪對話。
Tim: Hey, Mindy! Did you see the new blue and purple lines on the streets in Taipei City?
提姆:嘿,敏迪!你有看到台北市街道上的藍色和紫色新標線嗎?
Mindy: Oh, yes! I was walking on Keelung Road yesterday and saw them. I wondered, what are they for?
敏迪:喔,有啊!我昨天走基隆路時看到它們。我很好奇,那是做什麼用的?
wonder(v.)想知道、感到好奇
Tim: I read online. They are for pedestrian-friendly zones. Drivers must slow down there.
提姆:我在網路上看到。那是行人友善區。司機在那裡必須減速。
pedestrian(n.)行人zone(n.)區域/a dangerous zone危險區/a time zone時區/a parking zone停車區slow down減速、放慢速度
Mindy: Really? I thought it was just for decoration.
敏迪:真的嗎?我還以為只是裝飾而已。
decoration(n.)裝飾、裝飾品decorate(v.)裝飾/decorate A with B用B裝飾A
Tim: No, it’s serious! The speed limit is 30 km/h, and honking is not allowed.
提姆:不,那可是認真的!速限是30公里,不能按喇叭。
limit(n.)限制、上限、限度honk(v.)按喇叭allow(v.)允許(allow/allowed/allowed)
Mindy: Wow! What happens if a driver breaks the rule?
敏迪:哇!如果司機違規會怎樣?
follow the rule遵守規定
Tim: They can get a fine from 1,200 to 36,000 NT dollars!
提姆:會被罰1,200到36,000元新台幣!
fine(n.)罰款a heavy fine高額罰金a small fine小額罰金
Mindy: That’s a big fine! I like it. It makes the street safer for pedestrians.
敏迪:罰金好高喔!我喜歡。這樣街道對行人比較安全。
Tim: Me too. And the colored pavement also reminds drivers to pay attention.
提姆:我也是。而且彩色路面也提醒司機要注意。
pavement(n.)人行道=sidewalkremind sb. to do sth.提醒某人去做某事
Mindy: Great! Next time, I will walk slowly and enjoy the new lines!
敏迪:太好了!下次我也要慢慢走,好好欣賞這些新標線!