
美國朋友爬象山
Matthew is taking his American friend, Dwayne, to climb the Elephant Mountain. They are halfway to the top.
馬修帶他的美國朋友德韋恩去爬象山。他們在登頂的半路上。
take sb. to do sth. or somewhere帶某人從事活動、去哪halfway(adj.)半途top(n.)頂部
Matthew: You alright, man?
馬修:老兄,還好嗎?
Dwayne: I just need to catch my breath.
德韋恩:我需要喘口氣。
catch your breath喘口氣
Matthew: Need some water? I got two bottles right here.
馬修:要喝水嗎?我這裡有兩瓶。
bottle(n.)瓶
Dwayne: Thanks. What a hike!
德韋恩:謝謝。真的是來爬山啊!
what a N.真是個、感嘆
Matthew: Well, they’re just stairs. The view up there is really amazing.
馬修:也只是階梯而已。山頂的風景真的很棒。
stair(n.)階梯view(n.)景緻
Dwayne: Don’t lie to me.
德韋恩:別騙我。
lie(v.)撒謊
Matthew: You can see the whole Taipei city, with Taipei 101 standing right in front of you.
馬修:你可以看到整個台北市,台北101就在你眼前。
whole(adj.)整個stand(v.)站立、矗立in front of在…前面
Dwayne: Only if I can make it to the top.
德韋恩:前提是我要能夠爬到山頂。
make it to somewhere成功抵達
Matthew: I believe in you. And after this, I’ll take you to eat the famous soup dumplings.
馬修:我相信你。爬完後,我帶你去吃著名的小籠包。
believe in sb.相信某人soup dumplings小籠包
Dwayne: Can’t wait for it. Really!
德韋恩:等不及了。