
聖誕樹上的星星
Christmas is coming. Ronny and Ruth are talking about their holiday plans.
聖誕節要到了。羅尼和露絲正在談論聖誕節計畫。
holiday plan度假計畫
Ronny: Are you going home to spend Christmas this year?
羅尼:你今年會回家過聖誕嗎?
spend holiday度假期
Ruth: No, I’ll stay here. You?
露絲:沒有,我會待在這。你呢?
stay(v.)停留、留下
Ronny: I’ll stay as well. We should celebrate big this year.
羅尼:我也是。我們今年應該來盛大慶祝一下。
celebrate big盛大慶祝
Ruth: Right. Should we set up a Christmas tree? We didn’t have one last year because we both went home.
露絲:也是。那我們要弄棵聖誕樹嗎?去年沒有因為我們都回家過節了。
set up架立、建立
Ronny: What a great idea!
羅尼:好主意。
what a great idea真是個棒主意
Ruth: Oh, I want to be the one to put on the star.
露絲:噢,那我今年想要放樹上的星星!
put on放上、穿上
Ronny: No, that’s off the table. Besides, you’re not tall enough.
羅尼:不行,免談。更何況你又不夠高。
off the table免談、想都別想besides何況tall(adj.)高enough足夠
Ruth: Come on! Just this year!
露絲:拜託啦,今年就好。
Ronny: Alright. We’ll pick a shorter tree then.
羅尼:好啦,那我們挑一個矮一點的樹。
pick(v.)挑選short(adj.)矮-er、比較
Ruth: Hey, just get me a chair and I’ll make it.
露絲:嘿,只要給我一張椅子就可以了好嘛!
get拿make it成功