
客戶改時間
Gemma and Vincent are colleagues. Vincent is working on a report.
珍瑪和文森是同事。文森正在寫報告。
work on從事、操作report(n.)報告
Gemma: Are you working on the report for tomorrow’s meeting?
珍瑪:你在弄明天會議要的報告嗎?
Vincent: Yeah. The numbers are all wrong.
文森:對啊。數字都是錯的。
number(n.)數字wrong(adj.)錯誤的
Gemma: Well, I got good news for you.
珍瑪:好吧,我有好消息跟你說。
Vincent: What is it?
文森:什麼消息?
Gemma: The boss wanted you to put it on ice. The client called and put off the meeting.
珍瑪:老闆要你先擱著。客戶打電話來延後會議時間。
boss(n.)老闆put sth. on ice=put sth. on hold=put sth. on the shelf擱置、緩緩call(v.)打電話=ringput off延期
Vincent: Really!? Christmas came early!
文森:真的嗎!就像提前過年一樣!
Gemma: Exactly! We can go home now.
珍瑪:就是!我們現在可以回家了。
Vincent: Nice! Let’s go to that new izakaya together!
文森:那一起去那個新開的居酒屋吃晚餐如何!
izakaya居酒屋
Gemma: Good idea! I’ll go get my stuff.
珍瑪:好主意!我去拿我的東西。
stuff(n.)東西