
一起合買蛋糕
Arthur and Rachel are chatting.
亞瑟跟瑞秋在聊天。
Arthur: Hey, some of us are getting a cake for Nadia’s birthday next week. Do you want to chip in?
亞瑟:嘿,我們有些人下週娜蒂雅生日時要幫她買蛋糕,你想一起嗎?
chip in分攤費用
Rachel: Sure, I’d love to. The cake will be cheaper if we share the cost. How much do you need?
瑞秋:當然好啊,多點人分會負擔少一些,你們要買多少錢的蛋糕?
share(v.)分攤cost(n.)花費
Arthur: The whole cake costs NT$800, so do you think you can chip in NT$100?
亞瑟:一個蛋糕800元,你分100元可以嗎?
whole(adj.)整個的cost(v.)要價、需花費chip in分攤費用
special(adj.)特別的
Rachel: Yes of course. Are you going to do anything special with her on the day?
瑞秋:沒問題,你們那天有要做什麼特別的事嗎?
plan(n.)計畫
Arthur: We haven’t made any plans yet.
亞瑟:我們還沒計畫。
mind(v.)介意chip in一起想、出主意
Rachel: Well do you mind if I chip in on that too?
瑞秋:那你們介意我也一起加入嗎?
opinion(n.)意見
Arthur: Sure, what’s your opinion?
亞瑟:不會啊,你有什麼想法?
musical(n.)音樂劇theatre(n.)戲劇special(adj.)特別的showing(n.)放映surprise(n.)驚喜
Rachel: Nadia loves musical theatre, and there’s a special showing of Hamilton next week. I’m sure it would be a great surprise to her.
瑞秋:娜蒂雅喜歡音樂劇,下週有漢米爾頓的特別演出,那對她會是個很棒的驚喜。
chip in分攤費用
Arthur: You’re right. Maybe we can all chip in on her ticket too.
亞瑟:你說得對,也許我們還可以分攤她的票錢。
can’t wait to...等不及
Rachel: Amazing. I can’t wait to see her face when we tell her. She’s going to be so excited.
瑞秋:太好了,我等不及想看看她的表情,她一定會很興奮。