
每週不超過3小時
Ellen and Mitch are roommates. Mitch is playing video games.
艾倫和米奇是室友。米奇在打電動。
Ellen: How long have you been sitting there playing video games?
艾倫:你坐在那裡打電動多久了?
how long時間長久have been Ving現在完成進行式
Mitch: I don’t know. What time is it?
米奇:我不知道。現在是幾點?
Ellen: It’s almost five.
艾倫:快五點了。
Mitch: Well, six hours maybe.
米奇:嗯,那打了六個小時吧。
Ellen: Chinese kids would envy you. You are living the dream.
艾倫:中國的小朋友會好羨慕你。你簡直活在夢裡面。
envy(v.)羨慕live the dream置身天堂、能做想做的事情
Mitch: Why is that?
米奇:為什麼?
Ellen: Chinese officials have banned children under 18 from playing video games more than three hours per week.
艾倫:中國官方已經禁止18歲以下的兒童少年每週玩電動超過三個小時。
official(n., adj.)官員、官方的ban(v.)禁止+fromunder(prep.)之下per week每周
Mitch: Three hours!?
米奇:只有三個小時!?
Ellen: You heard it right. Only on Fridays and weekends. They don’t want kids to be hooked on video games.
艾倫:你沒聽錯。僅限週五和周末。他們不希望大家沉迷於電動遊戲。
You heard it right你沒聽錯on weekends每周末be hooked on sth.沉迷於
Mitch: What can I say? All the Chinese kids will lose their minds now.
米奇:我還能說什麼?現在所有的中國小朋友都會發瘋吧。
lose your mind失去理智、發瘋