
一語驚醒夢中人
Audrey and Austin are taking a walk after dinner.
奧黛莉與奧斯丁晚餐後正在散步。
walk(n.)走路after(prep.)在……之後dinner(n.)晚餐
Audrey: It’s almost the end of the year. I’ve got more and more works to do.
奧黛莉:幾乎要年底了,我有越來越多的工作要做了!
almost(adv.)幾乎more and more愈來愈多work(n.)工作
Austin: Don’t worry too much. Working is just a part of our life.
奧斯丁:不要太擔心,工作只是生活的一部份。
worry(v.)擔心too much太多part(n.)部份life(n.)生活
Audrey: That doesn’t sound like you. What happened to you?
奧黛莉:這聽起來不像你耶!發生什麼事了嗎?
sound(v.)聽起來like(prep.)像happen(v.)發生
Austin: An Australian girl inspired me. She died at the age of 27 because of cancer.
奧斯丁:一位澳洲女孩鼓舞了我。她因為癌症,在27歲的年紀就過世了。
Australian(adj.)澳洲的inspire(v.)激勵,鼓舞die(v.)過世age(n.)年紀because of因為cancer(n.)癌症
Audrey: She was so young! How did she inspire you?
奧黛莉:她好年輕!她怎麼鼓勵你?
young(adj.)年輕的
Austin: She realized that the life is vulnerable, valuable and changeable. Everyday we’re alive is a gift, but not a right we deserve.
奧斯丁:她發現生命是很脆弱的、寶貴的和無常的。我們活著的每一天都是恩賜,而不是我們應得的權利。
realize(v.)明白,意識到vulnerable(adj.)脆弱的valuable(adj.)寶貴的changeable(adj.)多變的alive(adj.)活著的gift(n.)禮物right(n.)權利deserve(v.)應得
Audrey: That’s so true. We shouldn’t take our lives for granted.
奧黛莉:那是真的!我們不應該把生命視為理所當然。
true(adj.)真實的should(aux.)應該take for granted視為理所當然
Austin: Also, she reminded us to show the people we love how much we love them and to get together with our family and friends more often.
奧斯丁:她也提醒我們要向所愛的人表示我們有多愛他們,並且常與家人朋友相聚。
also(adv.)也remind(v.)提醒show(v.)表示people(n.)人們get together相聚family(n.)家人more(adv.)更often(adv.)經常
Audrey: Now I’m grateful for what I have, and I’m going to hug my family when I get back home.
奧黛莉:我現在很感激我所擁有的,當我回家時我要給家人們一個擁抱。
grateful(adj.)感激的hug(v.)擁抱
Austin: And all the worries are just for the time being. Let’s just relax and enjoy our lives!
奧斯丁:而且所有的煩惱都是暫時的,讓我們放輕鬆並享受人生吧!
worry(n.)擔心的事for the time being暫時的relax(v.)放鬆enjoy(v.)享受