
安排社區活動
John and his daughter, Helen, are having a conversation.
約翰和他的女兒海倫正在對話。
John: Hi, Helen. I heard from Grandma that she’s been feeling a bit lonely lately. Have you talked to her about it?
約翰:嗨,海倫。我聽奶奶說,她最近感到有點孤單。你有跟她聊過這個問題嗎?
lonely(adj.)孤單的lately(adv.)最近=recently=these days
Helen: Yeah, Dad. She’s been a bit down. She has been staying home alone.
海倫:有啊,爸。她最近有點低落。她一直一個人待在家裡。
down(adj.)情緒低落的alone(adj.)(adv.)單獨(的)、獨自(的)、無伴的(地)
John: We should definitely spend more time with her. Any ideas on how we can lift her spirits?
約翰:我們一定要多陪陪她。有什麼辦法能讓她開心起來嗎?
definitely(adv.)絕對地lift one’s spirits提起興致、提振精神
Helen: Well, I was thinking we could call or visit her more often. Maybe we can also find some local activities she might enjoy.
海倫:嗯,我在想我們可以更常打電話或去探望她。也許我們還可以找一些她會喜歡的社區活動。
pay sb. a visit拜訪~local(adj.)本地的、當地的local(n.)當地人activity(n.)活動
John: That’s a good idea. We could even get other family members to join in. The more, the merrier, right?
約翰:那是個好主意。我們還可以邀請其他家人一起參加。人多熱鬧,對吧?
the 比較級adj., the 比較級adj.越~,越~
Helen: Exactly! It’ll make her feel warmer and happier.
海倫:確實!那會讓她感到更溫馨和快樂。
John: Perfect. Let’s check out some local activities tomorrow and plan something special for her.
約翰:太好了。我們明天去看看社區有什麼活動,然後為她安排一些特別的活動。
check out sth.看看~=check sth. out
Helen: Sounds great, Dad. Thanks for being so considerate.
海倫:聽起來很不錯,爸。謝謝你那麼體貼。
thank sb. for sth.因~感謝對方considerate(adj.)體貼的
John: Of course, sweetheart. We’re a family, and we keep each other company through challenging times.
約翰:當然,寶貝。我們是一家人,在困難的時候,我們要互相陪伴彼此。
keep sb. company 陪伴某人challenging(adj.)挑戰性的、考驗人的challenge(n.)挑戰