
瘦身也能瘦荷包
Nicole and William are friends. They are having a conversation.
妮可和威廉是朋友。他們正在對話。
Nicole: William! Big news — sugar-free drinks just got cheaper!
妮可:威廉!大新聞——無糖飲料變便宜了!
a piece of news一條新聞a news story一則新聞報導
William: Wait, what? Did the store make a mistake?
威廉:等等,什麼?是便利商店標錯價嗎?
make a mistake犯錯、出錯
Nicole: Nope! The government cut the tax. Uni-President dropped the prices today.
妮可:不是!是政府取消徵稅了,統一今天就降價了。
tax(n.)稅、稅金tax increase/ rise稅收增加tax cut減稅drop(v.)降低、減少
William: Seriously? So my favorite ChaLiWang tea is cheaper?
威廉:真的?所以我最愛的茶裏王變便宜了?
Nicole: Exactly! Now you can buy three bottles instead of one.
妮可:沒錯!現在你可以買三瓶,不用只買一瓶。
bottle(n.)瓶子instead of~而不是~、代替~
William: Ha! Then I’ll need a bigger backpack.
威廉:哈!那我需要更大的背包了。
backpack(n.)背包=rucksack
Nicole: And don’t forget — it’s healthy. No sugar, no extra weight.
妮可:別忘了,還很健康。沒有糖,就不會多長肉。
healthy(n.)健康的stay healthy=stay in good health維持健康weight(n.)重量gain weight增重/lose weight減重
William: Perfect. Cheap, healthy, and delicious — that’s my dream drink!
威廉:太棒了!便宜、健康、又好喝——這就是我的夢幻飲料!
Nicole: Come on, let’s go before the shelves are empty!
妮可:快走吧,不然架上要被掃光了!
shelf(n.)架子empty(adj.)空的、空虛的
William: Alright, let’s hurry! I don’t want to miss my dream drink!
威廉:好啦,我們快去吧!我可不想錯過我的夢幻飲料!
hurry(v.)匆忙hurry to VR匆忙去做in a hurry匆忙中