
卓別林
Morgan and Tim are watching a Charlie Chaplin film and chatting.
摩根和提姆正在看查理·卓別林的電影,一邊看一邊聊天。
Morgan: I can’t believe how funny Charlie Chaplin is as the character the Tramp…and he doesn’t even speak in this film!
摩根:我真的不敢相信,查理·卓別林扮演的流浪漢這麼好笑……而且這部電影裡他根本沒講話!
as(prep.)作為、以…的身份character(n.)角色、性格main character主角supporting character配角
Tim: Yeah. He really is great! His acting in silent films like this one is what made him the first international movie star.
提姆:對啊!他真的很厲害!像這種無聲電影的表演,讓他成為世界上第一位國際電影明星。
silent(adj.)無聲的、安靜的
Morgan: I can see why he was so popular. He shows a lot of emotion even though he doesn’t say a word.
摩根:我可以理解為什麼他那麼受歡迎。他雖然一句話都沒說,但情感表現超豐富。
emotion(n.)情感、情緒emotional(adj.)情緒激動的、感人的even though雖然、即使
Tim: Yep. His acting and his comedy made him a star. But he was also important in the film industry for doing other things.
提姆:沒錯!他的演技和他的喜劇讓他成為明星。不過,他對電影界的貢獻不只這些喔。
comedy(n.)喜劇industry(n.)產業、工業
Morgan: Like what?
摩根:例如呢?
Tim: He also wrote and directed many films. His career in film lasted more than 75 years!
提姆:他還寫劇本、執導電影。他的電影生涯長達75年以上呢!
direct(v.)執導career(n.)職業、生涯
Morgan: Wow! I didn’t know that. I should check out more of his films.
摩根:哇!我完全不知道耶。我應該多看看他的電影!
check out查看、試試看
Tim: You should! I’ll pick another one for us to watch tomorrow.
提姆:當然!我明天再選一部來一起看吧。
Morgan: Great! I can’t wait!
摩根:太棒了!我等不及了!
can’t wait for…等不及~