
只開一天的快閃店
Charles and Cathy are friends. They are chatting.
查爾斯和凱西是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Charles: Hey Cathy, guess what I did today?
查爾斯:嘿,凱西,猜猜我今天做了什麼?
guess(v.)猜;猜想
Cathy: Hey Charles, what’s up? Tell me!
凱西:嘿,查爾斯,怎麼了?告訴我吧!
what’s up怎麼了
Charles: So, I lined up for In-N-Out Burger in Neihu. It was a one-day pop-up store!
查爾斯:我去內湖的In-N-Out漢堡店排隊。它是只開一天的快閃店!
line up for...為...排隊wait in line(美式)排隊wait in queue(英式)排隊pop-up store快閃店pop-up book立體書
Cathy: No way! How was it?
凱西:不會吧!感覺如何?
No way! 不會吧!不可能吧!
Charles: It was incredible! The line was super long, but it was worth the wait.
查爾斯:真是太棒了!排隊的人超多,但等待是值得的。
worth(adj.)值得的
Cathy: How long did you have to wait?
凱西:你排了多久?
how long多久
Charles: I stood in line for almost an hour, but when I finally got my hands on that burger, it was so satisfying.
查爾斯:我排了近一小時的隊,但當我終於咬下那個漢堡時,真是太滿足了。
get one’s hands on sth.拿到;吃到satisfying(adj.)(事物)令人滿足的satisfied(adj.)(人)感到滿意、滿足的
Cathy: I’ve heard their burgers are amazing. Did it live up to the hype?
凱西:我聽說他們的漢堡超好吃。有達到預期的水準嗎?
live up to滿足、符合(期待等)hype(n.)炒作live up to the hype名不虛傳
Charles: Absolutely! The burger was delicious. The patty was juicy, and the toppings were so fresh.
查爾斯:絕對有!那個漢堡太美味了。肉排多汁,配料又新鮮。
patty(n.)漢堡排=meat pattyturkey patty火雞肉排beef patty牛肉排lab-grown meat patty植物肉排topping(n.)配料
Cathy: I’m so jealous! I wish I could have been there. Hopefully, they’ll have another pop-up event in the future.
凱西:我好嫉妒!真希望我也能在那裡。希望將來還會有其他快閃活動。
jealous(adj.)嫉妒的wish(v.)希望could have V.pp 與過去事實相反的假設pop-up event快閃活動
Charles: I hope so too! It was a unique experience. If they do, we should go together next time.
查爾斯:我也希望如此!這是一個獨特的體驗。如果有機會,下次我們一起去吧。
unique(adj.)獨特的
Cathy: Definitely! Let’s keep an eye out for any future events.
凱西:當然!讓我們密切關注未來的活動。
keep an eye out for sth.留意、注意