
台灣最美的風景
Helen and Tommy are roommates. Tommy just got home.
海倫和湯米是室友。湯米剛到家。
Helen: You are home late.
海倫:你今天好晚回家。
Tommy: I lost my wallet.
湯米:我的錢包不見了。
lose(v.)失去wallet皮夾、purse皮包
Helen: Did you go to the police station?
海倫:去警察局了嗎?
Tommy: I went back to the MRT station, and somebody had already sent it back.
湯米:我回到捷運站去找,結果已經有人送回去了。
Helen: The same thing happened to Chapman To’s wife. She also left her purse at a shop but managed to get it back. She was surprised to know that the shop owner had been waiting for her to pick it up.
海倫:同樣的事情也發生在杜汶澤的妻子身上。她的錢包也弄丟,但也找回來了。 那家店裡一直在等她去拿。
leave(v.)遺留manage to do sth.設法做到
Tommy: Who’s Chapman To? That Hong Kong actor?
湯米:那是誰?是那位香港演員嗎?
actor(n.)演員
Helen: Yes. He just started a scholarship to help out Hong Kong students studying in Taiwan. He recently jumped on the NFT bandwagon and made a lot of money.
海倫:沒錯。他剛剛成立了一個獎學金來幫助在台灣念書的香港學生。他先前趕上了NFT的潮流賺了很多錢。
scholarship(n.)獎學金jump on the bandwagon跟上潮流
Tommy: It’s nice of him to reach out to all the students.
湯米:他這樣對學生伸出援手人也太好。
reach out to sb.伸出援手
Helen: Anyway, I think we can all agree that the most beautiful scenery on this island is the people living here.
海倫:不管怎樣,我想我們都能同意這個島上最美的風景就是住在這的人吧。
agree(v.)同意
Tommy: You can say that again!
湯米:沒錯呢!