
換跑道不容易
Kevin and Kylie are taking a walk after dinner.
凱文和凱莉在晚餐後正在散步。
take(v.)(意思視後面名詞而定)walk(n.)步行、行走
Kylie: I’ve been thinking of changing a new job. What do you think?
凱莉:我一直在想要換一份新工作,你認為呢?
Kevin: What kind of job do you want to do?
凱文:妳想做哪一種工作?
Kylie: A translator. I’m good at English.
凱莉:譯者。我擅長英文。
translator(n.)譯者、翻譯家
Kevin: I saw an interview with Ko Wen-je, the mayor of Taipei City. He talked about changing his career from a doctor to a mayor.
凱文:我看了一個台北市長柯文哲的採訪:他談到他從醫師轉換職業成為市長這件事。
interview(n.)採訪、訪問mayor(n.)市長
Kylie: What did he say?
凱莉:他怎麼說?
Kevin: He said that it was hard to get used to the changing. In his opinion, changing careers in his fifties is hard, more so than in his forties.
凱文:他說要適應這個轉變是困難的。以他的意見,在他五十幾歲時轉換職業是困難的,比在四十幾歲換跑道更難。
get used to習慣、適應opinion(n.)意見、看法in one’s opinion在…看來so(adv.)如此、這樣
Kylie: I agree. Changing careers is never easy.
凱莉:我同意;換跑道從來就不容易。
agree(v.)同意
Kevin: How about doing it as a part-time job? That way you’ll know if you fit the job.
凱文:那麼以兼職方式當譯者如何呢?那樣妳就會知道妳能否勝任這份工作。
how about…如何呢?part-time(adj.)兼職的if(conj.)是否fit(v.)適合、勝任
Kylie: Sounds like a good idea. I’m sold!
凱莉:聽起來是個好主意,我被說服了!
sound(v.)聽起來like(prep.)像是idea(n.)想法、主意