
行不改名,坐不改姓
Alice and Mark are colleagues. They are chatting.
愛麗絲和馬克是同事。他們在聊天。
Alice: Have you seen Dave? I need to have a talk with him.
愛麗絲:你有看到戴夫嗎?我需要和他談談。
have a talk with sb.跟某人談談
Mark: He is not Dave anymore. You need to call him “Salmon” now.
馬克:他不再是戴夫了。你要稱呼他「鮭魚」。
call(v.)叫
Alice: He didn’t. Did he also change his name for free sushi?
愛麗絲:不是吧,他就為了免費壽司改名嗎?
Mark: Yes. He did it yesterday.
馬克:沒錯。他昨天去改的。
Alice: That’s stupid. I can’t believe anyone would do such a thing.
愛麗絲:也太蠢。我簡直不敢相信有人真的會做這樣的事情。
stupid(adj.)愚蠢的such a thing這種事情
Mark: Well, it may surprise you. I got a friend working at a household registration office. She met two people who wanted to change their names to “Salmon” today.
馬克:嗯,事實可能會讓你感到驚訝,但我有一個朋友在戶政事務所工作,她今天就遇到了兩個想改名的人。
surprise(v.)使驚訝household registration office戶政事務所
Alice: Do you think it’s really worth it?
愛麗絲:你覺得真的值得嗎?
worth it值得
Mark: I don’t, but Dave is taking me to eat sushi tonight — for free!
馬克:不值得,但戴夫今晚要帶我去吃壽司。完全免費!
for free免費
Alice: Hey! I want to go, too.
愛麗絲:嘿!我也想跟。